Jennifer Matthewson is writer and entrepreneur originally from the Midwest. She is the founder and editor of Daily Blender, author of “Career Diary of a Caterer”, and a contributor to Delta Sky, The Writer, Northwest Palate, Matador Review, BBC Travel, Cision, Viator, and BootsNAll, among others.
A graduate of Western Michigan University, Jennifer joined the dot-com era in Seattle in the late 90s before relocating to Portland.
In 2003, she opened an award-winning organic catering business in Portland as co-owner and business director. Zen Kitchen Catering centered on building relationships within the community, with local farmers and purveyors, while adhering to sustainable business practices. During the company’s five-year run, Jennifer penned “Career Diary of a Caterer”, detailing her day-to-day experiences.
Post-publication, she began covering insider food & beverage news for an international blog network, launching Daily Blender in the spring of 2008. A year later, Jennifer took over ownership, designing and building the brand, and growing readership by 300% in the first six months. Ten years strong, Daily Blender now includes exclusive profiles and spotlights in food, drink, culture, and travel.
Links & Press:
- Goodreads Author: Jennifer Heigl (Goodreads.com)
- Jennifer Heigl of Daily Blender (Jim & Rocky’s Barback Pro-Am, 2013)
- Travel Style – Jennifer Heigl (Johnny Jet, 2013)
- Thursday’s Thirsty Girl – Blending Good Food, Business, and Adventure (Thirsty Girl, 2011)
- Google Hotpot Best Evers: Jennifer Heigl (Google Places Community Blog, 2010)
- Lucky 7: Favorite Books (Armchair Interviews, 2008)